Friday, July 28, 2006

Jump Around


Once again it was a slow news day in Springdale and I found myself driving around and around at $3.00 a gallon. It took me awhile to find this image, but finally I found a scene that was a bit different. I was trying to stay away from the typical 'kid in swing' or 'kid on slide' feature shot; but ended up getting a 'kid jumping'. At least it wasn't the 'business guy passing check'. I had to hang out with this group for several minutes before the kids got used to me and started running around again. Then they started playing hop-scotch on the square tiles, and I knew that was going to be the moment. It wasn't as clean as I wish and it probably won't see print in the paper, but I was still satisfied with the final shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first glance I thought it was a suspended figure. It is facinating to see one could capture the image (moment) at the right click.

Neemah said...

Thanks. I shot 4 or 5 images while the kids were jumping and only one came out right. There have been many times I've shot images that were ruined because my timing was off.